How to Grow Your Email List
It’s no secret that every marketer wants to grow their email marketing database. It can be tough to gain subscribers for your marketing emails, but the easiest way to build a subscriber list is to tell readers what’s in it for them. Here are 10 tips that will help you grow your email list:
1. Offer a free whitepaper. Offer a complimentary whitepaper or another educational recourse in exchange for a customer’s email address.
2. Host a webinar. One of the main goals for hosting a webinar besides sharing about your business or industry is to collect email addresses to build your list.
3. Run a Google Adwords campaign. Google Adwords is one of the best ways to get valuable targeted sign-ups. Build email landing pages specific to your email list and then optimize for click-based search engine advertising.
4. Utilize sign-up forms. Create a prominent opt-in form on your homepage for visitors to sign-up easily. The form should be placed in the top menu bar, website header, or sidebars. Placement of the opt-in form is crucial in grabbing the reader’s attention.
5. Include social media share buttons. Adding social media share buttons on your marketing emails allows readers to pass along your content in Facebook, Twitter, and other social media channels. That way, you’ll gain access to networks, friends, and potential customers who might sign-up to receive emails.
6. Offer incentives. Incentives often help when it comes to driving more email sign-ups for your list. The incentive should be mentioned in the email sign-up description. Always give the subscriber the reward immediately after they sign-up and put the discount inside of the email to make sure they’re opening your welcome email.
7. Use a lightbox. A lightbox is a pop-up box that displays when a visitor enters your website that asks for an email address and usually offers an incentive. This tactic has been known to be controversial since it has been considered something that annoys readers, but it has shown to drastically increase your subscriptions.
8. Include a sign up form on your Facebook page. Add a sign up form to your Facebook page to encourage visitors to provide their email address and other valuable information that you need for your email marketing campaigns.
9. Collect email addresses at events. Collecting business cards at conferences, trade shows, and industry events is a great way to gain access to your customer email addresses.
10. Include a “Forward to a Friend” button. Make it easy for subscribers to forward your marketing emails by including a “Forward to a Friend” button.
Building your email marketing list is important. Make sure that you’re providing enough value to properly motivate potential subscribers to take the leap and join your email list.