5 Call to Action Tips for Email
Did you know that Email Marketing is 40 times more effective than Facebook or Twitter when it comes to gaining new customers? (Monetate). It’s important that you do it right to maximize your marketing efforts. With that being said, call to actions (CTA’s) can make all the difference when building effective email campaigns.
Here are a few pointers when constructing successful CTA’s on your email campaigns:
- Use buttons not text (or use both together) – according to campaignmonitor.com the use of a button attracts more of the customer’s attention and can increase conversion rates by 28%.
- Make the Call to Action Short- Keep your CTA down to 5 words or less. Often times longer CTA’s is one of most damaging mistakes with email. Typically, you only have about 8 seconds to capture your reader’s attention. Make sure your CTA is short and sweet yet effective.
- Have Only One Call to Action- Statistically; you will get better results if you limit yourself to just one call to action. Having too many can confuse the reader and you will lose their attention. If you cannot get away with having only one CTA be sure to give priority to the most important.
- Tell People What to Do – Many marketers may know this, for others, it might be an eye opener. You have their full attention now tell them EXACTLY what you want them to do. For example, “Shop Now”, “Look Inside” and “Buy Now”. For a list of more CTA phrases visit here.
- Make the Call to Action Stand Out – Use a color people will notice and place your button in a non-cluttered area. Although most marketers put their CTA above the fold, don’t be afraid to put it below your body copy based on how your message is told.
There is an interesting tactic to see if a call to action pops enough. Blur your eyes and look away from the page, then look back quickly and see which element you notice first. This method may not work for everyone, but it may give you a guideline of how clear your CTA needs to be.
There you have it, these are just a few of the many CTA ideas agencies use. Marketers all over are constantly looking for new and fresh ideas to make their messages stand out. If you are looking for CTA help on your next campaign CAS can help! Give us call today 866-461-4693 or visit us online.