Digital Marketing, we all hear about it, but what is it?
Digital marketing is a term used to describe the marketing of products or services using digital technology. Some examples of digital marketing outlets would be email, PPC, mobile advertising, blogging, social media advertising, SEO and Whitepapers or any other digital medium.
Here are 12 mind blowing digital marketing facts:
1) By 2019, 72% of US digital ad spending will be for mobile advertising. (Payfirma)
2) 2016 marked the first time digital ad spending surpassed TV ad spending. According to eMarketer, TV ad spending totaled $71.29 billion, while digital ad spending exceeded to $72.09 billion and continues to thrive.
3) The 4 digital marketing channels with increases in spending for the 2015 year were; email marketing 61%, social media 49%, mobile marketing 40%, and SEO/PPC 38%. (Relevate)
4) 74% of customers prefer communications via email. (HubSpot)
5) Each day, 20% of the search terms entered into search engines have never been explored before. (YouTube)
6) 48% of emails are opened on a cellular phone. However, only 11% of those emails are mobile friendly. As a result, 69% of mobile users delete emails not designed for mobile. (HubSpot)
7) 66% of consumers have received an email marketing message that resulted in an online purchase. (Direct Marketing Association).
8) After viewing the website’s home page and products/services page, a B2B purchaser’s next stop is the prospective sellers “About Us” page. (Content Marketing Institute)
9) 81% of marketers and advertising execs believe digital marketing technologies will lead their career path to shift within the next three years, but only 14% know how to transform themselves. (Fierce CMO)
10) 45% of email and Facebook users feel uncomfortable when they cannot access their accounts. (wersm)
11) According to Google, more searches occur on a mobile device than on computers in the US, Japan, and in 8 other countries. (signal.co)
As you can see, digital marketing is everywhere and only continues to grow! If you need any help constructing digital marketing efforts within your company give CAS a call today! 866-461-4693